WHAT IS WEB DESIGN?
Web design encompasses many different skills and disciplines in the production and maintenance of websites. The different areas of web design include web graphic design; user interface design; authoring, including standardized code and proprietary software; user experience design; and search engine optimization.
This is the creation of websites and pages to reflect a company’s brand and information and ensure a user-friendly experience. Appearance and design are incorporated as vital elements whether you’re designing a website, mobile app or maintaining content on a website page. Gaining web design skills can help you in applying for roles where your creativity could help a business improve their brand, their message and their bottom line.
In this article, we take a look at, including what web designers do and the common web-designing elements they work with and use.
check out more educative post on my blog codewithcrest
What do web designers do?
It identifies the goals of a website or webpage and promotes accessibility for all potential users. This process involves organizing content and images across a series of pages and integrating applications and other interactive elements.
The professionals who perform this process are called web designers, and their job includes the following duties:
- Selecting easy-to-read fonts
- Choosing attractive color schemes that also enable easy-to-read fonts
- Implementing a brand’s identity into the colors, fonts and layout
- Creating a map of the website’s structure to ensure intuitive navigation
- Placing images, logos, text, videos, applications and other elements
- Using coding languages, such as HTML and CSS, to create layouts and to style pages
- Making optimized versions of websites and pages both for desktop and mobile viewing
- There are two common web-design methods: adaptive and responsive design. In adaptive design, the website content is created using standard screen sizes as the frame for the layout.
In responsive design, content moves dynamically according to the screen size. Designers use the various steps of the general design process to employ these design methods depending on their client or employer’s preferences and goals for the site.
for continuation check out my next post about elements of web design
Disclaimer this post may contain external links